Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What Kind of Reader Am I?

There is an Anthony Newly/Leslie Bricusse song from Stop the World, I Want to Get Off called "What Kind of Fool Am I?". The title popped into my head when I saw this quiz. Note that I am very close to being a Book Snob as well. No surprise, since my answer to the Cliff's Notes question was "Those things are crap." I did, however, use SparkNotes once when I had 24 hours in which to read (for the first time) and do an hour-long presentation--complete with PowerPoint--on Siddhartha (by that time I was actually teaching, so my student days were behind me).

That was the day I discovered a frightening talent for BS. I'd be a brilliant politician, if only I had the stomach for it.


What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen

You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.

Dedicated Reader
Book Snob
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz

3 Comments:

Blogger Isabella in the 21st Century said...

I'm a snob. My answers to one or two questions were a little extreme and I have read War and Peace (under duress)...and I'm English he, he, he!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Nerine said...

Hmm. I am a literate good citizen too, but have a bit more of the snob in me- unfortunately. I'd like to think that's not quite fair... but oh well, everyone has a dark side.

Thank for dropping by and leaving a note. I can see the Bay of Fundy every day from my parlour windows when I am home, in Saint John.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

P/S and Nerine:

I think the definition of snob can be flexible. Some people think having high standards automatically makes one snobby. That's silly, of course.

I've never managed War and Peace, but I did get through 1/3 of the long version of Les Miserables.

Bay of Fundy! Fabulous. I saw it when the tide was out, which was cool, but I'll bet the tide coming in is pretty cool,too. Thanks for coming by, Nerine!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home