Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Honorable Mentions

So many things have caught my blogging-eye in the last few days and I've just been overwhelmed with them. Thus, accomplishing no writing. So I am going to note a few, just to pass on the word.

--20th anniversary of "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"

--40th anniversary of both Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Aretha Franklin's version of "Respect".

--40th anniversary of the Supreme Court verdict that gave us the Miranda Warning

--25th anniversary of the Falklands War

--Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary

--Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday

There's just a lot of stuff going on!

2 Comments:

Blogger G.L.H. said...

I have two more:

85th anniversary of Grandpa's birth

20th anniversary of Violet's being old enough to babysit

Neat post!

--ma

8:55 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Grandpa, of course! How could I pass that one up?

LOL! I confess: I forgot all about my Babysitting Anniversary. HA HA!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home