Sunday, September 03, 2006

Crocodile Hunter: Rest In Peace

Okay, so I was trying to decide what to post today, when I swung over to Yahoo!. There I see a headline that says that Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, was killed by a stingray while filming a marine documentary:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060904/
people_nm/australia_irwin_dc

I've always thought the man was quite mad to run around with dangerous animals like he does, but I guess I figured he had some sort of immunity. Which is totally illogical, of course.

I'm sad. The Croc Hunter drove me sort of crazy, but he was a cultural icon. My youngest siblings are going to be sad about this.

Crikey.

4 Comments:

Blogger G.L.H. said...

I just saw it, too. From the article, I guess he was actually a scientist, not just a sensationalist. I was impressed.
Feeling the same way after Jacques Cousteau died, tho' he was like 122 years old...this is sad, he leaves an 8- and 3-year old.

Praying for YOU.
--glh

5:33 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Jacques Cousteau--another person who made nature real to the masses. I guess you could call them populist naturalists?

11:20 AM  
Blogger G.L.H. said...

Oh, yeah, Jacques. A lot of people never, ever had access to his passion except for TV. He was a forerunner.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Isabella in the 21st Century said...

Poor Steve Irwin!I saw thta he was dead and I was shocked...I thought he was indestructable!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home