Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It never rains but it pours

Apologies to all those who tried to comment before and couldn’t because they weren’t “registered users.” I didn’t realize that was the default setting on the blog, and I haven’t tweaked the settings much yet. You should be able to comment now, though. (I’m still very new to all this; sorry about that.)

I had anticipated being able to blog during my weekend away visiting friends, but that did not happen. Today was spent running around doing errands (in the massive rain), so my blog will probably be short (still trying to dry out).

Books I’m currently reading:

Orient Express by Graham Greene (see prior post; almost finished)
The Woman Who Mapped Labrador: The Life and Expedition Diary of Mina Hubbard by Roberta Buchanan, Anne Hart, and Bryan Greene
The Beatles by Bob Spitz
The Greeks by H.D.F. Kitto

On the list of what to read next:

Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers (a re-read)
Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith (I am a new and passionate AMS fan)
Balsamic Dreams: A Short But Self-important History of the Baby Boomer Generation by Joe Queenan
Riding the Iron Rooster: By Train Through China by Paul Theroux

Movies I’m about to see:

The Devil Wears Prada
Out of Africa

What are you reading? Or watching?

1 Comments:

Blogger G.L.H. said...

We just watched a Hallmark Hall of Fame, "Miss Rose," with Kyra Sedgwick and Amanda Plummer. Excellent.

Am reading Organized from the Inside Out--it's an "ouchie." Have in possession but not begun: Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts. Almost finished: The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer. Of course, a Grace book is always on my nightstand!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home